Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A squirrel that has found a new nest

  "hey, can you come over to the pony farm..some people have been cutting trees and we have to do something.."
  "See you in 5," i respond.
  Reaching the spot where the tree cutting is going on.  Catherine and Jonah are there working out some money story that an Aurovilian had created to make some cash.
  i saw something move in the thorny bushes; i stared at it thinking it was a snake eating something.  Gave it a few seconds to be sure. It was a bunch of ants going after a baby squirrel.  I pocked my hand in the thorns to pick it up and shake off the ants.  That became my world.  Catherine and Jonah disappeared.  Forget the wood cutters.
  I was just saying, "there might be others like stuck in the air"  Looking up in the thorns towards the nest above; i spotted another but it was too late :(
  This happened all because a tree cut fell on the bush where the mama squirrel kept her babies.  They got shook out of their nest..
  "Don't touch it," i was told.  Later, i discovered from @Mirabelle that it is a myth.  She was kind enough to take care of it.  She knows what she is doing.  She rescues plenty of animals..
  I jumped on my cycle and went home.  No milk.  Actually i was advised to give it baby food like we did for the rabbits.  So, leaving the baby squirrel in a drawer with plenty of clothe to keep it warm and safe, i jumped on my cycle..
  The time i returned after my lunch, the squirrel was getting cold.  I was delighted when Mirabelle picked the phone.  She asked, "Does it have fur?  is its eyes open?"
  "Yes," i replied.
  "Ok, bring it."
  Phew.
  so i speed on Dhruv's bike praying it would survive the last league to her rescue.  A new nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment