Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twitter our hen

  "Call her Twitter," Monica emphasised with her spanish accent.  She is a bird lover!
  Even an iphone application called birds gets her going :)
  Twitter was born with a few other siblings.  Her mom sadly one day defending her babies was bitten by a snake; my mistake.  I did not follow my instinct/intuition to put another basket over the one eaten by termites which i was using ~ means that it was holier and more vulnerable! :(
  The hen was our last standing one.  Sadly, until her passing, she protected her last surviving chick ~ twitter!  Just writing this saddens me..
  Twitter grew up with us.  She adopted us.  She spent a lot of time in my pocket; warm and cozy just like being under her moms wings.
  We could not tell if it would be a hen or rooster.  Well, i think i already gave it.  She is a hen. Yes.  Our country chicken dynasty can live on.
  In the meantime, our cocks were getting cocky and going bananas.  NO hens!  Our cats were targets.  They were each other's target.  Nope.  We need to get hens fast, Twitter will take longer to grow up.
  Windarra was so nice to give us 4 white hens.  Bigger eggs.  We call them the Gandhi family, as they were handed to us by the lady there called Gandhi :)
  Today, Twitter cheeps no more.  She is brown-red and happy!  She has had many visits..people are always surprised to see a chicken in our kitchen and amongst us.  Our family in the making.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment