Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Monday, April 4, 2011

Beautiful baby owl

  "Oh what's that?" looking down on the floor in the kitchen.
  I turned away to look right back, what could it be a bird, really?
  It was dark, all i wanted is to feed the dogs and go to sleep.  Of course, i noticed some how the fluffy feathery grey lump right by the door.
  A baby grey owl on the ground with ants starting to get to it :(  i picked it up.  So sweet.  Wow, does it have claws.  It is hardly the size of my fist.  Beautiful big eyes!  Little feather horns above its eyes.  So sweet.  They have a nest in the "keet" where it meets the cement roof.
  How did it get there?
  Will the parents come back for it.  Who do i call?  I tried Aurosylle, Mirabelle and Monica to no avail.
  Hmmm..What do i feed it?  if only i had a syringe i could nourish it with water or some vitamins.  is it sick why is it not flying away?
  Getting all the little ants off its beautiful feathers and going through a thorough check up..nothing seems to be the problem apart from some feathers missing on its neck!
   I call back Monica, yes she picked it up and gave me super instructions on what to do.
  I have put it in a basket with plenty of cloth.  I marked around it with chalk so no ants get to it.  Placing it on the verandah, right below their nest, hoping its parents will show up tonight..
  I wish it will survive and return to the wild healthy, strong and safely!
  Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment