Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Monday, August 10, 2009

All the beautiful...chickens

I’ve been talking about stealing chickens for a long time.

It was a joke, mostly. I wouldn’t steal chickens… even though I hear it was common practice for kids in the earliest days of Auroville. But the chickens at Lumière are all so…boring. White and brown. Dull.

Whenever I go to the office, I’m taunted. I dismount the Unicorn and find myself surrounded by such gorgeous cocks. Full of vigor and color. Teasing and tempting me with their beauty. It’s not fair.

I tell people about the pretty chickens and they think I’ve finally lost it.

I fantasized about how to do it. Could I catch a cock and bring it home in a Small Steps bag? Would I order a taxi? How do I ensure he’s the one making babies? Lock him in the coop with a hen or two? Or is it better to ask the community caretakers for baby chickens? They’d fit better on the bike.

But then it hit me: I’ll take the eggs. So in the most civilized manner possible, I waited for one of the Lumière hens to lay eggs (which we immediately took for delicious breakfasts), and purchased the eggs of beautiful chickens from the office’s community. And without Mamma Hen realizing what happened, she suddenly has ten eggs to hatch, and I’ll (hopefully) have ten beautiful birds on the Land.

Yup. It’s official. I have lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment