Manimaran is his real name. But call him Mani. He popped up one morning asking for work..and we agreed he can work :)
He already lived on the land for 6 years as a growing boy with Perumal (he started the land), he knows the land.
He is 22 years. He is intelligent, innovative and knowlegdeable about local ways..
Good to have him around.
After the rains, excpetionally, delayed by a month atleast. We expected the cashew season to be waning; but to our surprise it is kicking in well.
It seems that because we have not sprayed the trees unlike our neighbors, the flowers are still there to produce fruit!
Tuesday and Thursday we have children come over to play in the young forest. On these daysm we cannot help Mani harvest the cashew. So the last 2 days with his friends they collected in no time 1/2 the land which we alternate.
Is he our worker? is he a villager? as of now, i treat him like a little brother and work on myself if any lowering attitudes intrude a beautiful situation we have on the land with his appearance. We support him fully. We trust him fully. We just advanced him some money to buy a bike so he can show up on time.
- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..
- Natural farming, food forest
- We dig our grave with our teeth
- Freedom of expression is my birth right
- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility
- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.
- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
- "Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."