Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Monday, January 18, 2010

oh jeez

For those of you who don’t know, taking care of a forest is a lot of work, and everything has consequences.

Yesterday the day-watchman forgot to shut off the sprinklers; today I have no water.
Yesterday I forgot to water the flowers; today they’re sulky and sad.
Yesterday the chickens discovered how to break into the kitchen window; today there’s no catfood.

Cows to chase. Chickens to feed. Gardens, flowers, plants to water and de-weed. Dogs to de-tick. Trees to protect. Eggs to collect. Bokashi compost. A house and kitchen to clean. And, as more and more people suddenly show up on the Land expecting things, I’ve also got a language to learn.

Somehow I think it’ll take longer to build that closet than I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment