Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Friday, May 15, 2009

Rain drops

  Old man (watchman) calls out hurriedly "come come, we have to put the cashews in the storeroom; bring the sacks.."
  Surprised, i walk out of the house; it is drizzling! Yes.
  Up with the solar lamp we start shoving the cashews in tin containers to bring down the dried cashew into the storeroom - all the while little tickling drops cooling the air (SMILE)
  The monsoon in kerala is predicted for the 26th May (The Hindu says)l what happens is that at times it over spills past the Western Ghats and if we are lucky we get rain.
  It has been hot and stuffy today; seeing the dark clouds advancing is refreshing!
  We were collecting cashew today uptil 12 o'clock. My god it is hot at 11am! bad idea..
  Taking care of 17 acres of land with cashews; i keep telling the workers to do the whole circle everyday but with the elections and absence, pending cashew collecting has made us slow down..
  I am leaving for Canada in a few days; so i figured that if the workers could reassure me that they got their act together (without me helping) before i leave then i can be at peace!
  "pappum" (lets see in tamil)
  will it actually rain? after all the hectic bustling cashew collecting from the roof to the storeroom. ha ha..

No comments:

Post a Comment