Inspiring..

- It takes a village to raise a child - African saying
- Nature is our best teacher
- we are the world, we are the ones to make a brighter day!..

- Natural farming, food forest

- We dig our grave with our teeth

- Freedom of expression is my birth right

- Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility

- I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do; All that thought reveals to me, I can become. This should be man’s unshakeable faith in himself, because God dwells in him.

- The Mother said - it is not this OR that, it is this AND that
- Life is for living not to understand
-
‎"Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees."

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where art thou, Rain?

Forgive my vulgarity, but: It’s hot as balls.

People say this is the hottest summer the area’s seen in 80 years. Eighty years. The path is like quicksand. The air feels like a wool blanket. The baby plants in the far corners of the Land are not happy. We are all thirsty.

People say the rain is coming. They claim to feel it, to know it in the sea, or to predict its arrival based on weather reports from elsewhere in India. But I look at 10-day forecast after 10-day forecast and none of them even remotely hint at rain. The meteorological gods are not responding to our desperate cries for comfort.

What to do?

I asked Google how I can do my part to coax the rain into coming, and these are the most interesting sites I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment